What do you do when you can’t sleep after a 3 a.m. hailstorm? If you’re me, on a whim you freshen up your blog to make it “mobile friendly” and all. Thanks Hugo!
In so doing, I had to reformat the pages which gave me occasion to review them all. That brought back a lot of memories. Some stand up rather well, I think. Some make me cringe a bit, but as a wise man once said:
He who laughs at himself is always amused - Confucius
Once again, it’s been a long time since I’ve written anything. Time flies when you’re (mostly) having fun. What has happened since 2014?
- bought my dream boat on Lake Superior
- spent 3 glorious summers sailing it (and working on it)
- sold my dream boat on Lake Superior to enable other adventures with the Wrecking Crew
- had new adventures with the Wrecking Crew
- lost my father
- remodeling projects
- moved out of management and back into architecture at TR
- did lots of work with Hadoop, HBase, Docker, Kubernetes, and other distributed systems
- quit drinking for a year
- started writing a guitar book (winter project)
- started building a new sailboat (non-winter project)
- a bunch of other stuff
Obviously some of those were more impactful than others. Some of them I may write about, but probably not. I will try to write more going forward, though that conflicts with my overarching goal to spend less time staring at glass rectangles and more time doing stuff and being with people I want to be with. Time will tell. In any case, welcome back!